HISTORICAL DINING

The Neyland Building was built in 1903 by W. E. Neyland for an implement and hardware store. A contributing building in the National Register of Historic Places of the Goliad Courthouse Square Historic District, it shares architectural features with its neighboring structure, the W.W. Denham building, a general store selling furniture, coffins and many other items. It is believed that the two buildings were designed by Danish architect, Jules Carl Leffland, a resident of Goliad for several years during the early 1900’s. The tan colored brick was made a few blocks away near the San Antonio River, where the remnants of the kilns still exist. The Neyland Building has served as the home of two restaurants for over 30 years, during which time the use of the name “The Empresario Restaurant” began. In 2013, the building and restaurant name were acquired by the John and Joy Kolb family. Extensive improvements were made to the restaurant and a special events area was added to the Fannin Street side.

 

 

 

 

 

Facebook